The "Healthy" Tan
Spray on Your Confidence...
Before & After
Do you love tan skin and how it makes you feel? Who doesn't love the bright glow when your skin is all tan? I know I do... I love that feeling. I always feel pretty and my skin always looks & feels so good. But the question is... how should you accomplish that look the healthy way?
First rule from the wise... DO NOT go to the tanning beds! That's the worst thing you could possibly do to your skin. (I know from experience!) I used to tan in the beds all the time in college. Looking back, that was the worst 3 years I could have done to my skin. Luckily, I learned soon later that was a horrible choice! (Keep in mind I'm originally from California so I grew up tanning at the beach at a very young age as well!) Tanning can be addicting!! I have a new addiction that will accomplish the same look... & that's spray tanning!
The other day, I went for my first airbrush spray tan in years! I found Luxe Body Bronzing from a Med Spa event, I knew it was good! Personally, I wouldn't ever go to a spray tan booth at a tanning salons. That's a big "no no" in my book because you will a gross color and splotchy! I highly recommend going to someone who does it by hand. I think it turns out much better. Walking in I was a little skeptical because I don't want to turn into a "umpa lumpa" and I had a feeling I'd have to go nude. Yes, you heard that right... completely naked! That's how you accomplish the "no line look." I suggest just sucking it up and doing it. We are all human.
Macy at Luxe Body Bronzing is super nice and pays close attention to details. I promise you will look amazing and better yet, feel so confident. When I looked in the mirror I was shocked to see the difference. It looked so natural! There's different packages you can purchase that are super affordable... take a look here! I highly recommend going to Luxe Body Bronzing if you're in the Dallas- Fort Worth area. It's worth it all!!
If y'all don't live in the DFW area, let's talk about how to get ready for you spray tan.
The products shown above are great products I highly recommend and can be purchased during the time of your tan.
Ten Steps to a Pretty Tan!
1. Shower the night before! I showered super early that morning, like 5 am! I know crazy.
2. Wax at least 24 hours before treatment, ideally 48 hours before to allow the pores to close. Y'all need to shave at least 24 hours before treatment and apply a moisturizer to replenish dry skin
4. Rinse off any products, perfume, oils, moisturizers and make up before attending your spray tanning appointment. Don't wear deodorant the day of your tan... trust me I know it's hard but it's recommended not to.
5. Wear dark, loose cotton fabrics for after your spray tan. Some of the color might rub off a bit if you're wearing tight fitting clothing. I wore super grungy clothes. It was embarrassing, but you do what you have to do.
6. Take a hair tie along with you if you have long hair to keep the back of your neck and shoulders free.
7. After your tan don't shower, let it sit into your skin. The next day you can shower with water only. On day 3, be sure to only wash with a low pH soap when you do use soap. That way your tan will last longer.
8. Moisturize like crazy! You might think you're skin is moisturized, but it's not! Moisturize moisturize!
9. With proper care, it will last up to 10 days!
10. You will NOT turn orange!!
Long story short, Luze Body Bronzing is TOP place to get your HEALTHY tan! Do your reserch before going because you don't want a bad experience. When you book, be sure that "Styled by Sequins" sent you! Have fun looking beautiful after your tan.
Love from Texas,
Luxe Body Bronzing information:
Monday- Sunday- 10am-8pm(by appointment Only)
Call: 817-239-5098 & Text 'INFO' to 817-239-5098